Request a Reasonable Accommodation (For Currently Registered ODA Students Only)
You may submit these forms online to request services and/or your reasonable accommodation letters for professors ONLY if you meet ALL of these requirements:
If you meet the above requirements and wish to submit your forms online, follow this link to the online forms submittal screen: Online Forms If you would rather fax or email a hard copy of the form, or have any problems submitting the online form, you may still print and sign a PDF version of these forms.
- You must have been admitted to UNT.
- Your file status is considered "active" by the ODA. (If you did not enroll last semester, your file is most likely inactive.) Call 940.565.4323 to determine if your file is inactive or not and request reactivation if necessary.
- You have completed the ODA application process by meeting with an ODA counselor.
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form
- Interpreter/Cart/Typist Request Form [pdf]
- Furniture Request Form [pdf]
- Alternative Format Request [pdf]
- Assistance Request for Orientation [pdf]
Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files properly.
Very Important Things To Remember About Your Reasonable Accommodations at UNT
- You must request your official letters from the ODA the first week of every semester and then hand deliver them to your instructors before your adjustments become active. Give them to your professors during their office hours, NOT in the class room. Your letters are usually ready within 3 business days, but during peak times it may take longer.
- TIME...Request your letters early, schedule your tests at least 5 business days in advance and 3 weeks for finals and midterms. Submit requests for alternative formats as soon as you register for classes.
- It is your responsibility to let us know if something is not working. We can't help if we don't know.
- Use the resources we have referred you to on campus. They work!
- If you have any questions, or if you feel that your reasonable accommodations are not effective, let us know; call, email, make an appointment. Again, we can't help if we don't know!
- Please help us keep our campus as accessible as possible. If you notice elevators out of service, poorly maintained curb cuts or any other access barriers, please contact us at (940) 565-4323.
UNT Disability Assistance Request for Orientation
To request assistance (e.g. Sign Language Interpreter, FM loop personal audio amplifier, screen magnification software) for Parent Orientation, New Student Orientation, Transfer Orientation or Graduate Student Orientation, you must complete and return the Assistance Request for Orientation [pdf] form to the UNT Office of Disability Accommodation (ODA) TWO WEEKS prior to your orientation date by fax at 940-369-7969 or mail to ODA; 1155 Union Circle; Denton, TX 76203-5017. Assistance cannot be guaranteed if the completed form is not submitted at least two weeks in advance. UNT does not provide personal care items such as wheelchairs/scooters, orientation and mobility services, or personal attendant care.