***Important and Exciting News! ***
The ODA has in-person office hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., from Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, the ODA is open remotely from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please email documentation to Apply.ODA@unt.edu or upload documentation via AIM Student Portal.
Reminder: Students can now request Letters of Accommodation for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020! Login to the AIM Student Portal today.
*NEW* - COVID-19 Information and Resources for Students with Disabilities or CDC High Risk
Logging into the ODA AIM Portal
- New to ODA (Registering for services): AIM Registration Form
- Current ODA Students: AIM Student Portal
- Faculty: AIM Instructor Portal
- Notetakers: AIM Notetaker Portal
Navigating the ODA AIM Portal!
- You can now request your Letters of Accommodation ONLINE and ODA will mail your LOAs to your instructors!!! Go to AIM Student Portal to log into AIM. Step-by-step instructions can be found at How to request my Letters of Accommodation (pdf).
- In addition, you can also log into AIM to SCHEDULE EXAMS in the ODA Test Center. That is correct – NO MORE ATRFs! You can also view the status of your ODA Test Requests any time of day or night as well as modify or cancel your test appointment. Step-by-step instructions can be found at How to schedule exams in ODA Test Center (pdf).
There are many other wonderful things that AIM can do, but the ODA has determined that these two functions are most crucial for ODA students at the beginning of a semester. As additional services are activated in AIM, we will send out further information and schedule opportunities for training.
Please let your ODA Coordinator if you find you need assistance learning how to navigate AIM.
Just go to the AIM Instructor Portal login page and sign in using your university credentials. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
More information can be found on the ODA's webpage dedicated to sharing information with faculty and staff. (https://disability.unt.edu/parents-faculty-staff/information-faculty-and-staff)
How will the AIM Faculty Login help faculty?
- Management of Students’ Letters of Accommodation (LOAs)
- When students request accommodations, ODA will send the letters to faculty via email.
- In addition, faculty will also have access to student letters and the students’ accommodations when faculty log into the AIM Portal.
- Interact with the ODA Test Center (Updated ODA Test Center Administration Processes (pdf))
- Complete ODA Testing Agreement(s) (IMPORTANT because student will NOT be able to request a test center appointment until faculty complete the agreement.)
- See all exam proctoring requests students have submitted to the ODA Test Center.
- Soon faculty will also be able to see assigned note-takers in their courses and review notes that have been uploaded from note-takers
Just go to the AIM Instructor Portal login page and sign in using your UNT credentials. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Construction Obstruction Report (COR) is available!
The Office of Disability Access (ODA) would like to thank Facilities Information Services for making this report available in an accessible format. The COR is a list of the construction activities on campus for the month listed below. A link to the accessible report in below.
A graphical representation of the file is located @ https://facilities.unt.edu/resources/construction-report.
What We Do
The Office of Disability Access (ODA) at the University of North Texas exists to prevent discrimination on the basis of disability and to help students reach a higher level of independence.
Our caring and professional staff helps students learn more about their disabilities, develop techniques to facilitate individual learning styles, learn how to talk to faculty and staff about your needs and develop strategies to achieve goals.
Announcing ODA JOBS!
Students with disabilities are more than 40% less likely to have secured employment a year after graduation than their peers without disabilities. The ODA has recently been closely aligned with the UNT Career Center and together we have launched several initiatives to help you beat these statistics! For all the details visit: ODA JOBS Blog.
A Note to UNT Faculty and Online Content Creators, Please Help Make the Digital World at UNT Accessible to All
Technology has enabled students with disabilities to access the educational environment like never before....that is, only if the digital resources are created in an accessible manner. Please watch this short video that describes how to make your digital course content compliant with the law but even more importantly, fully usable by students.
Hours of Operation