Utilizing ODA Accommodations

How to Request Your ODA Accommodations (For Currently Registered ODA Students Only)

You can now log into AIM to request your Letters of Accommodation (LOAs).  Go to AIM Student Portal to log into AIM.  The ODA will email your letters to instructors on the first day of classes. 

If you have accommodations such as those listed below, please complete those that apply to you and submit to your ODA Coordinator.  

Please only use the following forms if you cannot submit them online.

  • Interpreter/Cart/Typist Request Form (anyone may submit this form)[pdf]
  • Furniture Request Form (registered students only) [pdf]
  • Alternative Format Request (registered and approved students only; Braille, e-text, audio books, and other format conversions) [pdf] 
    Microsoft Word Version (In some versions of MS Word you may need to click "View" and "Edit Document" for the form to display correctly) 
  • Request for Reasonable Accommodations at UNT New Student Orientation (Anyone may submit this form)[pdf]  (Form is currently being updated.  Please the ODA for status.)

Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files properly.

Back to Top

Student Responsibility Checklist

Students are responsible for initiating the process of receiving accommodations each semester.  Specifically you must:

  1. Request your official letters from the ODA the first week of every semester and then deliver them to your instructors before your adjustments become active. It is encouraged that you give them to your professors during their office hours, and not in the class room. Your letters are usually ready within 3 business days, but during peak times it may take longer.
  2. Schedule your exams at least 5 business days in advance and 3 weeks for finals and midterms.
  3. Submit requests for alternative formats as soon as you register for classes.
  4. Report any problems with accommodation implementation to your ODA Coordinator IMMEDIATELY.
  5. If you have any questions or feel that your accommodations are not effective, let us know. We can't help if we don't know.
  6. Please help us keep our campus as accessible as possible. If you notice elevators out of service, poorly maintained curb cuts or any other access barriers, please contact us at (940) 565-4323.

Back to Top

UNT Disability Assistance Request for Orientation

To request assistance (e.g. Sign Language Interpreter, FM loop personal audio amplifier, screen magnification software) for Parent Orientation, New Student Orientation, Transfer Orientation or Graduate Student Orientation, you must complete and return the Assistance Request for Orientation form to the UNT Office of Disability Access (ODA) TWO WEEKS prior to your orientation date by fax at 940-369-7969 or mail to ODA; 1155 Union Circle; Denton, TX 76203-5017.  Assistance cannot be guaranteed if the completed form is not submitted at least two weeks in advance. UNT does not provide personal care items such as wheelchairs/scooters, orientation and mobility services, or personal attendant care. 

Back to Top